1 PURPOSE, APPLICABILITY AND RESPONSIBILITY
This LOP is in addition to the Corporate Manual by Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) Section 6.2 Document Control that defines the requirements for handling of internal and external documentation as well as the maintenance of locally create and/or modified documents. The purpose of this LOP is to inform everyone within LAS to ensure the most up to date document version is in use and how to access them. In addition, creation of local documentation including but not limited to Local Procedures, Translations of Official Documents, Local Training Materials, Local Forms, etc.
2 GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
- This LOP is applicable to all departments within LAS.
- All Printed and/or Saved copies must be replaced by the latest version.
- All locally create documents must be managed centrally by an appointed person who will be responsible for maintaining a controlled document list and reviewing created documents to make sure they meet the requirements set forth by the Corporate Manual by QHSE Section 6.2 Document Control.
- All LOP's must be published on SharePoint (previously known as "L-Drive") to be accessible to all department units (find link below under Section 6 IMPORTANT LINKS).
- If you do not have access to the Station SharePoint, please request access from Global Helpdesk.
3 SAVED OR PRINTED DOCUMENTATION
- Saved and/or printed copies of manuals, SOP's, and/or policies are considered as an "UNCONTROLLED COPY WHEN PRINTED OR SAVED TO A LOCAL DRIVE".
- If you must maintain a printed copy, whether for quick reference or because it is required by an airline, the user must make sure they have the latest version when referencing it.
4 DOCUMENT CONTROL
Locally create documentation must be maintained by its author or owner. The said document must then be submitted for review by the appointed person and then uploaded to SharePoint and added to or updated in the Local Document Control List.
4.1 ANY DOCUMENTS THAT ARE CREATED LOCALLY MUST CONTAIN THE FOLLOWING
- Name of Author/Owner
- Page Number (if applicable)
- Swissport Logo
- Version Number & Effective Date
If applicable, please use the proper corporate templates or local templates (find link below under Section 6 IMPORTANT LINKS).
4.2 EDITING OR UPDATING LOCAL DOCUMENTS
The following must be considered when editing an existing document
- If applicable, update the author or owner
- Update the Version Number & Effective Date
- Remove all previous yellow highlights from the document
- Highlight in yellow any new or modified text to make it clear to the reader what the changes are.
All local documents must be published on SharePoint (find link below under Section 6 IMPORTANT LINKS) and must be the latest version.
5 BEST PRACTICES
- If it does not need to be printed and/or saved, don’t. Access documentation from Swissport or Airline Online Portals when needed to ensure you are always utilizing the latest version.
- Properly dispose of outdated or expired documentations when it is being replaced (e.g. via shredding or third party contractor).
6 IMPORTANT LINKS
Swissport LAS SharePoint Drive: https://swissport.sharepoint.com/:f:/r/sites/c-us/region/mdoc/WEST/LAS/001%20-%20Swissport%20LAS?csf=1&web=1&e=NzLvqZ
Corporate Toolbox > Templates: https://swissport.sharepoint.com/:f:/r/Toolbox/Templates?csf=1&web=1&e=k5OeKl
LAS LOCAL PROCEDURE - UNCONTROLLED COPY WHEN PRINTED OR SAVED TO A LOCAL DRIVE